Sunday, July 8, 2012

"take your thyroid medicine 30 min to an hour before you eat!"

I have always stayed true to this...making sure I take my medicine long, long before I eat in the morning. This is very hard to do when traveling or staying in other people's homes.

My boyfriend and I traveled to see his sister's family over the weekend.

I set my alarm to take my levothyroxine 112 at 6:00 am but didn't want to get up and search a new house for water... Side note... This house is undergoing a kitchen renovation.

Anyway, I took my meds when I woke up and then ate a biscuit. No big deal right? I didn't think it would be too bad since I am pretty consistent with taking my meds.

Once I got back home from trip, I slept 5 hours straight and woke up feeling nauseous. I've noticed that I feel this way when I don't take the meds at all (for treatment).

Lesson learned!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment